“Let’s talk about the tough lessons Riri learnt in 2017.”
This is a continuation of my new series. I am accounting on some of the things that happen in my life in 2017
- No friendship, no matter how solid, can survive bad debts. My goodness, now when I call my friends that took Shoes from VaaKenya on debt, they don’t pick. I just want to say hello sometimes, and yes I still want my money, but I honestly thought our friendship was more solid than that. Thanks for the lessons BTW. I learnt that I should never sell on debt amongst friends. Also, it taught me that I need better friends. And the better friends did pay up, thanks for keeping us(Vaakenya) In business. You my heroes, and the economy of Kenya is proud of you, when you buy Kenya, you build Kenya. Like our slogan in VaaKenya says, “When we grow together, we succeed together. “
- That sometimes you win, sometimes you don’t but most importantly, keep walking or doing it anyway. It doesn’t get easier but you get to grow as a being either way things go.
- That love doesn’t have to be work. It should flow. If you have to convince them to stay, they are not worth it. And some people are not supposed to stay. That some relationships are meant to be butterfly interludes, to prepare you for the real thing. When the real thing comes along, there will be no mind games because you two will be busy trying to get to know each other then want to build together while getting to know each other at a deeper level. There will be fights, of course, the difference between the real thing and a butterfly interlude is that fights make you grow not break you.
- That some people are like Mombasa, visiting is fun but no one wants to live there. I need lots of down time after hanging out with some people and others is just comfortable
- Patience in life, love and business. Most part of adulting revolves around being patient. You have no idea how many times in a day I close my eyes praying for patience. Apparently it’s frown about in polite society to use curse words and you can’t just throw stones to things that annoy you.
- That the saying ‘The darkness hour of the night is the hour before dawn’ totally applies. The universe has a weird sense of humor. Every time I thought things can’t get worse than they already had, they did, and I kept the faith and somehow things worked out in the end. The hardest part was keeping hope alive through every storm. Perseverance does pay.
- If you stand up for what you want and believe in people are going to impose what they stand up for and you will be lost in the end. Don’t be afraid to do what you think is your thing. Do you, the world will adjust.
Another from Riri the Miss.
Until next time friends.
I don’t mind the cliche romance we see on TV, my god, am a sucker for slow walks under the moon and chasing setting sunsets. The reason they are cliches is coz they work!
I am sucker when it comes to silly games by the beach and getting high by the beach, scratch that last part, I like getting high anywhere.
I am a sucker for efforts!
A well planned dinner, breakfast in bed, unexpected kisses…..
That kind of thing.
But when I say seduce me this is what I have in mind. I am a hopeless romantic, of course.
Kiss me like you mean it.
Hug me like you want to
Look at me like am the only girl in the world, like I put stars in the sky and the moon is my best friend.
Darling, I am not a hard girl to please.
Text me random smart shit to make my day, shit like why you think the sun goes to sleep so that the moon can unleash her brightness or what you think vegan zombies eat or what you think of event horizon and space theory…. I promise I won’t indulge you but that will fucking make my day
Talk dirty to me, try seducing me with science, use physics, the appalling theories,a seductive language forged from physics will definitely get you into my pants, I know I won’t understand half the things you be saying but I will be so impressed you wouldn’t have to try.
Undress me with your beautiful mind and baby, I am sold.
I’m never going to be the girl who is half loved
I’m never going to be the girl who apologises for her feelings.
I’m never going to be the girl that gives up on herself
I’m never going to be the girl that gives half love.
I’m never going to be the girl that forgets to let her hair down and chase the moon.
I’m never going to be the girl that chases boys.
I’m never going to be the girl that cries herself to sleep.
I will be the girl That bleeds diamonds and runs with the moon.
Finally we hit 200 posts.
I feel blessed.
Now that Easter is here, I would like to thank The Guy above for his unending love and blessings He sent my way and for The gift of life .
Thanks to my readers for your constant support. For reading my work. For validating my struggles by commenting and e-mailing me. Sometimes all it takes is to hear from you and I know I don’t have to stop writing for the internet
Thanks to my friends, family, strangers and beautiful glorious sundown for inspiration, sharing moments with me and your stories.
Thanks to insomnia I get to write at night.
Special thanks to my hormones, that girl, surely, makes me bleed words and literally.
Today it’s all morning sunshine, coffee and gratitude. It’s truly during Easter weekend, just after the glorious ecclesiastial full Moon. The universe is all awesomeness and gratitude.
It wouldn’t have been possible without y’all sharing your stories and life with me.
It wouldn’t have been possible without the glorious beautiful sunset that inspires me to want to create something beautiful.
It wouldn’t have been possible without conversation with the moon. She inspires conversations in my head for the book I will never write.
3am is a beautiful place. It’s where my favorite pieces come from.
Thanks to bloggers for supporting and editing my work.
My hormones, she is the best.
Thanks to everyone and everything that made blogging worth the work, vulnerability and the pain.
Thanks to WordPress for giving me a platform to project my life.
It wouldn’t have been possible without the internet community. I may never meet y’all but surely you have been the best. Your support, hate speech, spam messages and constructive criticism has been for the best.
I hope my words have not been in vain.
Keep the love. Keep the support.
Yesterday and other days from yesterday I have had moments of walking away from writing. The vulnerability of sharing my thoughts online sometimes literally hurts. But it’s the posts that leave me most vulnerable that matter the most. It’s the posts of my struggles that make a few people feel less alone and for me that’s enough.
Write me seductive, very sexual, and not obviously, very sexual poems.
Poems that will keep my juices flowing and my heart racing with desire.
Give me some 70’s love.
Shower me with affection,make me, I wanna feel like a woman.
Send me a printed photo of you with a hand written caption.
Write me letters.
Send me roses without thorns with a sweet note letting me know you thinking about me.
Call me from work.
Take me back to the places before WhatsApp messages, Instagram, Twitter and snap chat display of affection. Hold my hand and kiss me in public instead.
Gimme some seventies love.
From the best lilies pure and white, God fashioned your lovely skin
He took snow, picked black for your momma’s skin color and chose the eyes
A softer, sweeter mouth that carries the golden smile to light our days was made
He picked the best rose flower, pink and sweet and touched it to your dimpled cheeks
He curled and shaped your little ears
He gathered pollen from the flowers and sprinkled them on your skin to spice your skin color
You are a precious little angel, with sweetness from above who fills our years with laughter
My daughter when you are grown,
Don’t go looking for men to buy you Mac Lipsticks, serve yourself with coffee and work on driving a Merc
Don’t hold your lips in or make them thin because beauty is not a shape but a mind set
You should always know that the world will desire you if only you desired yourself
Always have in mind that craziness ranges from art to misplaced grammar and drama and that brings out creativity
You should always know that taking nudes will not win hearts but will only create feuds with your inner self
My daughter when you are grown, don’t go crying for an imperfect nose because the nose isn’t meant to be beautiful but to breath
My daughter when you are grown, take honey for a complement for your momma was a bee and she taught you to make sweet nice honey
My daughter when you are grown, never fear pressure, take it with your stretched hands for pressure makes diamonds and shine your way all to the top
My daughter when you are grown, and the opportunities are scarce just take the odds and they will always add to an even
My daughter when you are grown, always remember the spiders are computer illiterate but they are the best web designers, meaning no one should undermine you
Make yourself a productive field for your husband and let him treasure you like the gold mines in Congo
Never rush to make decisions but always sit back and use your Ubongo
My daughter when you are grown never fight for the obvious but make the sacred obvious
Value your boyfriend but don’t let him stretch your legs if you are not willing, always remember that everything has got some damn consequences
Never get deceived by careers, follow your heart because many are doctors whose wives are patient but they never take them for a treat
Don’t dream for a honey moon in Rome but always dream of getting a home for yourself
My daughter when you are grown, don’t let people love you for your hips but what’s between your ears
My daughter you should never be bitter because we never made it in life, remember you are the flavor to make our life sweeter
I don’t care about coffee dates or dinner dates with polite conversations about the weather or the economy.
Don’t ask me out so you could tell me about your work, your boss or your exes.
I have heard such stories so many times, same old, it’s not music to my ears. Just another mediocre ass not on my hit list.
About the weather;we have our smart phones, we have the weather man and the internet.
About the economy; we have business daily, we have the internet and we have your boring as to tolerate over a fine cup of coffee.
About your job we all,somehow, have a day job. we all,somehow, have a complicated hate and Love relationship with our employer.
Take me on a coffee date, sit by me in silence, fuck me senseless,with nothing but your brown beautiful eyes.
We can go for dinner (not big on fine dinning) as long as you undress me, with your eyes, for dessert.
Make my panties wet with nothing but your eyes and words prowess.
Keep my juices flowing with nothing but your smile and charm.
Don’t touch me yet, seduce me, charm me.
Drive my imagination wild, make me beg you to take me.
Brush your hands lightly on my skin to give my body a glimpse of what it might be missing.
Command my breast to attention by the way you look at me and how you bite your lower lip.
Kiss my hands to let my skin learn the softness of your lips.
Talk dirty to me using connotations and innuendos…i get bored easily with plain dirty talks that involve words like ; finger fuck, fucking, Pussy, lick and a few other obvious words.
Blow my mind, mess up with my head, seduce me.
then darling, maybe, maybe just maybe, I will offer myself to you.
Probably even beg you to take me.
Lead me on. Seduce me. Charm Me. Make Me beg for it.